Authentic Baltimore Program Information
The Authentic Baltimore program was developed by the Baltimore National Heritage Area in consultation with local museums, restaurateurs, hoteliers, and tour operators to help visitors discover unique experiences that reflect the character of this historic city. Authentic Baltimore dovetails with the heritage area’s mission to preserve, promote, and enhance Baltimore’s historic and cultural identity for visitors and residents alike.
The goal of Authentic Baltimore is to share the city’s best-kept secrets, giving visitors access to experiences usually only discovered by locals. The program is designed to send visitors beyond the Inner Harbor and into the city’s unique neighborhoods, which overflow with one-of-a-kind destinations.
As an Authentic Baltimore program member, your organization represents Baltimore’s vibrant cultural landscape: its outstanding annual events, unique museums and historic sites, and one-of-a-kind shops and restaurants. Program participation is currently free.
Authentic Baltimore Benefits
- Branding and promotion of your site as a part of the “real” Baltimore story;
- Inclusion in heritage area print and web publications as an Authentic Baltimore resource;
- Technical assistance from our staff on interpreting and sharing your site’s history and its role in the city’s heritage;
- Use of the Authentic Baltimore logo for public relations, advertising, and other promotional materials; and
- Use of Authentic Baltimore banners, signs or window decals at your site to attract visitors and brand your location as a unique Baltimore experience.
The heritage area promotes Authentic Baltimore and its online presence with both print and online media. Our online portal—www.authenticbaltimore.org—highlights events, programs, and special offers to help visitors (and residents) discover uniquely Baltimore experiences. Authentic Baltimore was promoted in Where Magazine and Discover Baltimore. Both publications are widely distributed throughout the city and the Baltimore-Washington corridor. With one easy online search, visitors can find multiple ways to experience the real Baltimore.
Would you like your destination featured on the site? Apply for a designation as an “Authentic Baltimore” site and identify as a part of the “real” Baltimore experience. Contact Shauntee Daniels, Manager of Programs and Partnerships, by e-mail or by phone at 410-878-6411, extension 4.