About Us MHAA Project Grants Application Process
The application cycle for FY2016 MHAA Projects Grants is now open. To become more familiar with the application process and access all necessary forms and applications, visit the MHAA website. The dates below are based on previous grant cycles.
Application Process and Timeline
- Applicants are recommended to attend an optional online application training session that will be held in January 2015.
- An Intent to Apply form must be submitted by January 30, 2015 to the Maryland Heritage Areas Authority (available at the MHAA website). This letter must be completed in order to access the grant application.
- Potential applicants are encouraged to attend grant workshops hosted by MHAA. Workshop information is available on the MHAA website.
- Applications, completed through the online grant system, are prepared for local heritage area review by April 24, 2015.
- A committee of the Baltimore National Heritage Area will review and rank the grant applications.
- The Baltimore National Heritage Area provides an authorization notice to the grant applicant.
- The authorization notice is uploaded to the grant application and the final application is submitted via the online system in April 2015 (exact date TBD).
- MHAA staff review applications for completeness and accuracy.
- Complete applications are forwarded to the MHAA Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) for review.
- TAC recommendations are then forwarded to the MHAA for review and final action at the Authority’s July meeting.