About Us MHAA Project Grants Application Process
The application cycle for FY2019 MHAA Projects Grants is now open. To become more familiar with the application process and access all necessary forms and applications, visit the MHAA website. The dates below are based on previous grant cycles.
Application Process and Timeline
- Applicants are recommended to attend an optional workshop (either in person or via a webinar) that will be held in January 2018. Four workshops will be held across the state, including a workshop in Baltimore on January 10.
- An Intent to Apply form must be submitted by January 26, 2018 to the Maryland Heritage Areas Authority (available at the MHAA website). This letter must be completed in order to access the grant application.
- Applications, completed through the online grant system, are prepared for local heritage area review by February 28, 2018.
- A committee of the Baltimore National Heritage Area will review and rank the grant applications.
- The Baltimore National Heritage Area provides an authorization notice to the grant applicant.
- The authorization notice is uploaded to the grant application and the final application is submitted via the online system (exact date TBD).
- MHAA staff review applications for completeness and accuracy.
- Complete applications are forwarded to the MHAA Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) for review.
- TAC recommendations are then forwarded to the MHAA for review and final action at the Authority’s July meeting.